Monday, September 20, 2010

The Warmth of His Touch

Last night while laying down getting ready to sleep I had this overwhelming urge to pray. I pray for friends often but this urge was so strong that all of the prayers just seemed to flow. I prayed for all of my friends going through tough times right now. I prayed for good things to come for my friends. While praying mind you I prayed for at least a good 30 minutes I felt this warmth come over me. This healing loving touch that I have not felt in a long time. This warmth and peace that everything is okay and that he will take care and heal. The warmth of his touch reminded me that he is here. This touch also reminded me that he is listening.

When I opened up the bible this morning I opened up to Psalm 107: Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say this- those he redeemed for the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Some wandered in desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle. They were hungry and thirsty, and their lives ebbed away. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble and he delivered them from their distress. He led them by a straight way to a city where they could settle. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

It is amazing how the LORD knows what you need and do not need. He knows that I am thirsty and hungry and he feeds my needs. The LORD is good and he has unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment