Sunday, September 19, 2010

Choas and Happiness in the Mowery Household

Today has been one of those days where you can only laugh when certain situations arise. Our golden retriever buddy took it upon himself to do a little electrical work. He decided that it was SMART to chew through the lamp cord that was plugged in and turned on. I am thankful that we did not have to have Chinese dinner tonight. You know moo goo gui dog. This situation reminded me of the movie Christmas Vacation when the Griswalds cat decides to chew through the lights on the Christmas tree and catches it on fire. On a good note Mika read her first book to me tonight. Mind you there were only two words on each page but that is a start. I am so proud of my little girl. Ayla loves to run around the living room and play with her brother and sister and be read too. It was so sweet tonight when I put her to bed. She stood up in her crib and wanted a kiss. She gave me a real kiss. It is so heart warming when your children tell you they love you and give big warm hugs and smooches. I love my little angels. It is great days like today that remind me that being a mom is the most special gift God can give you. I am interested to see what other off the wall things can happen in the Mowery household tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment